Physical & Mailing address: 1205 E. International Airport Road, Suite 202 Anchorage, AK 99518
Melanie Pitka - Contact Teacher/Learning Coordinator
Our offices are currently closed to the public for drop-in visits.
However, you may set up an appointment to meet with your Teacher of Record, or to drop off paperwork.
We are always available via phone or email during normal business hours.
We are a state-wide correspondence/homeschool program for students grades K-12.
Totem supports you in your educational and assessment choices. We look forward to working with you to find the best fit for your student and family.
We strive to be the least restrictive while also having policies that are beneficial and sustainable. Yes, there are educational parameters we must all work within. We will follow the State statutes and regulations while working hard to help you and your student on your homeschooling journey- whatever you want that to look like.
Allotment per student K-12 is $2,500
All pertinent information is in our Handbook under Documents and Forms
- July 1, 2023: May begin purchasing education materials aligned to student's ILP for the upcoming school year.
- August 17, 2023: Reimbursements and Direct Pay-to vendors may be submitted. *These will be processed when District Office staff resumes end of August.
- Receipts dated July 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023 need to be submitted before January 1, 2024
- Receipts dated January 1, 2024 - May 1, 2024 need to be submitted before May 15, 2024
- Quarter 1 Progress Reports, Work Samples, & Teacher Conferences to be Completed by October 19, 2023
- Quarter 2 Progress Reports, Work Samples, & Teacher Conferences to be Completed by December 15th, 2023
- Quarter 3 Progress Reports, Work Samples, & Teacher Conferences to be Completed by March 21th, 2024
- Quarter 4 Progress Reports, Work Samples, & Teacher Conferences to be Completed by May 17th 2024
Enrollment is Open for the 2023/2024 school year!
We have created a Private Facebook Group for only enrolled Totem families. We would like all families enrolled with Totem Correspondence to join this Group. It is where we will be posting more specific TC related events, meet-ups, etc. Hopes are that families could share photos, questions, support, etc. The possibilities for this Group are endless. So if you are a registered Totem family, please use the link below to access the Group.